Living an active lifestyle can make you a happier person and help you live longer, but it can also lead to injuries. Whether you exercise on your own or you participate in organized sports, repetitive motions, forceful impacts, improper warm ups, and over-training can really break you down. Taking care of your body simply isn’t an option. When injuries happen, you can end up suffering from neck problems, pinched nerves, and herniated discs. It’s essential to treat your injuries and prevent them from happening again, or you may always have pain. Prospect Family Chiropractic offers both injury care as well as maintenance care. We want to help keep you moving!
What to Do After Suffering a Sports Injury
- Schedule an appointment with our team
- Fill out a questionnaire about your symptoms at your first appointment
- Moran will give you a full body assessment
- If you need x-rays, we’ll take them and examine them with you
- After we’ve gone through your assessment, you will receive treatment the same day.
- You will be sent home with a detailed progression plan as well as items that you can be working on at home.
Common Sports Injuries We Treat
When you’ve been injured, it’s important to heal as quickly as possible. Chiropractic care not only relieves pain, it helps your body fix itself sooner so you can get moving again. The following are just a few of the sports injuries we can effectively address:
- Hip and Joint Injury
- Shin Splints
- IT-Band Tightness
- Ankle Injury
- Disc Injury
- Radiating Pain or Numbness
- Tendon, Ligament, and Joint Injuries
Prevent Injuries With Consistent Maintenance
Your body is an incredible system that can do amazing things. However, without consistent help, it will break down. Regular chiropractic adjustments are essential for anyone leading an active lifestyle. Our care helps your muscles fire properly, improves your recovery time, and keeps injuries (and frustrating recoveries) away. Don’t go without these benefits. Make an appointment with us today.